TRI is an advanced platform with the cutting-edge technological advancements in the area of power systems dynamic simulation to perform Co-Simulation studies using TSAT and RTDS™. The TRI is an add-on module to TSAT that enables user to perform Co-Simulation studies using TSAT and RTDS™. This module is a joint development with Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) and Yonsei University.
The TRI performs a real-time simulation where both TSAT and RTDS™ simulate the system in real-time. Moreover, the Co-Simulation performed by TRI is synchronized, meaning that TSAT and RTDS™ exchange results at the end of every TSAT simulation time-step, which facilitates studying interactions between TSAT- and RTDS-side systems.
- Performing synchronized and real-time Co-Simulation studies using TSAT and RTDS™
- Supporting multiple RTDS™ racks
- Handling real-time simulations for systems with more than 5000 buses
- Taking advantage of rich model libraries available in TSAT and RTDS™
- Synchronized simulation of multiple sub-systems in real-time
- Supporting RTDS™ GPC, PB5, and NovaCor architectures