HYDRAULIC TESTING OF TANK SYSTEMS
Powertech has the capability to test high-pressure cylinders of all types to most EC/ECE, ANSI/CSA, KHK, ISO, SAE, and EN standards for all compressed hydrogen applications.
Cylinders include on-board vehicle (heavy and light duty), stationary storage, tube trailer, transportable, and portable cylinders. Powertech is also able to test to the new UN GTR No. 13, ECE R134, and SAE J2579 test specifications for hydrogen cylinder durability.
The Cylinder Testing Lab offers the following capabilities:
- Hydraulic pressure cycling (up to 95 MPa)
- Ambient temperature pressure cycling (up to 140 MPa)
- Hydrostatic burst testing (up to 280 MPa), with the capability to capture with a high-speed camera (on request)
- Extreme temperature pressure cycling (up to 105 MPa from -50°C to +100°C, air and fluid). Powertech is one of few labs with fluid cooling capability right at the cylinder inlet to ensure the cylinder liner is tested at the correct conditions.
- Permeation or leak testing (from -40°C to +85°C)
- Accelerated stress rupture
- Damage tolerance testing – drop/impact damage, and flaw
- Exposure to chemicals
- Fire testing
- Penetration or gunfire testing
- UV exposure