Impact Assessment of Renewable Energy on System Security
Power generation from renewable energy has become an increasing portion of resources in many power systems. Most of these renewables have unique characteristics that are very different form conventional generation. Special models and analytical techniques are required to assess their impact on system reliability and security, and to ensure an acceptable performance level.
Powertech provides such technologies based on our DSA Tools software package and the dynamic security assessment approach implemented for many of our clients.
Powertech Solution to Impact Assessment of Renewable Energy Systems
- Based on a user-defined modeling approach
- A wide range of available models, including those for wind turbines, solar panels, batteries, etc.
- Various relay and protection models
- A full set of security criteria and customized rules
- Monitoring of security limits with user-defined power transfers
- Regulatory requirements such as those set by NERC can be fully met
- Off-line mode to evaluate planning options for various renewable integrations and related transmission system enhancement requirements.
- On-line mode to monitor system security for real-time, forecast, and short-term look-ahead conditions.
If you would like to learn more please download our product overview document, which demonstrates how DSA Tools is applied to Wind technology to support the National Control Centre (NCC) of EirGrid. To contact a technical representative directly, please fill out our Inquiry form.