- High Voltage Lab
- Insulation Condition Assessment
- Seismic Assessment and Testing
- Structural Integrity Assessment Service
- Thermal Resistivity Testing
- Asset Management Services
- NDE and Life Assessment
- Geo-technical and Concrete Engineering Service
High Voltage Lab
Maximum impulse voltage: 3200 kV, Maximum 60 Hz voltage: 800 kV, Maximum DC voltage: 1000 kV
Insulation Condition Assessment of Generators and Motors
With specialized expertise in generator and motor testing, we evaluate the quality of stator windings by performing voltage endurance (IEEE1043) and thermal cycling (IEEE1310) tests to ensure that your machine can achieve expected service lifetime. Other laboratory tests include: thermal aging (IEEE1776), multi stress, partial discharge; power factor, AC breakdown; turn-to-turn, dissection and microscopic examination of coils, insulation fed by inverters, insulation failure analysis and forensic services.
Seismic Analysis and Testing Services
Powertech offers services for determining the seismic withstand capabilities of civil structures and equipment to evaluate the performance of Dams, Substation & Equipment, T&D Structures and Components under seismic loading, using numerical, as well as experimental structural and geo-technical methods. This includes seismic analysis of withstand capability of equipments and its post-seismic electrical functionality. We also provide finite element analysis services, which include the static and dynamic performance of structures, components and overhead lines.
Structural Integrity Assessment Service
- Structural Integrity Assessment service
- Reliability & Risk Assessment Service
- Condition based Serviceability and Life Extension of Lattice Tower and Pole Structures Service
- Least-cost risk-based asset management service for prioritization and implementation of optimal maintenance strategies.
- Life-data Analysis Service
- Life Cycle Assessment Service
- Finite Element Analysis Service
- Specialized Mechanical and Accelerated Aging Testing Service
- Intelligent Methods for Surveillance Data Management and Performance Prediction of Aging Utility Assets Service
Thermal Resistivity Testing
Powertech provides field and laboratory testing services to measure the thermal resistivity of native soils or backfill materials required for underground transmission lines, oil and gas pipelines, radioactive waste disposal, and solar thermal storage facilities.
Asset Condition Assessment Services
Powertech works with utilities to systematically ensure that their physical assets can, and do, perform to prescribed reliability, safety and environmental standards. Our state-of-the-art testing facilities also assist equipment manufacturers through their product evaluation phase to achieve certification and speed market readiness.
Non-Destructive Testing & Life Assessment
Powertech’s group of experienced Engineers and CGSB certified Inspection Specialists offers a complete set of traditional field and lab non-destructive testing (NDT) services to our customers. Powertech’s Materials Engineering experts perform NDT and life assessments for structures, equipment, and pressurized components. Assessments are performed considering brittle fracture, overload failure, stress rupture, fatigue, corrosion-fatigue, stress corrosion, and creep mechanisms.
Geo-technical and Concrete Engineering Service
This involves providing cost-effective and timely solutions to complex geo-technical and concrete engineering problems associated with civil structures and assets. Types of service include structural and geo-technical numerical studies, thermal resistivity, laboratory and field testing, quality assurance and investigations.