The DSAToolsTM suite is the next-generation of power system analysis tools and provides the complete assessment of system security including all forms of stability.
The DSAToolsTM provide a complete toolset for power system planning and operational studies. In additon to rich modeling capabilities and leading-edge computational methods, the software is highly automated and can provide engineers with significant productivity improvements.
The key components in the suite, PSAT, VSAT, TSAT, and SSAT, have also been designed to be used for on-line dynamic security assessment (DSA). In this mode, the software is connected directly to a power system's energy management system (EMS) and computes power system security in a continuous cycle. The software provides system operators with important information about power system security limits, critical contingencies, and remedial actions needed to prevent system failures.
For more information on our DSA software services and downloads, please visit www.dsatools.com .
Power system planning and operation studies involving:
- Voltage decline/rise assessment
- Reactive power planning
- Stability Assessment (Transient, small signal, voltage)
- Design of special protection systems
- Coordination and tuning of controls
- Determination of security limits
- Assessment of power system security for current operating state
- Determination of critical contingencies
- Determination of security limits
- Determination of remedial measures
- Complete analysis capabilities including voltage stability, transient stability, small signal stability, thermal overloads, voltage decline/rise, transient voltage/frequency, and relay margins.
- Fully graphical data setup and program operation
- Advanced output analysis tools
- Model handling capability up to 100,000 buses
- Fast and accurate leading-edge solution engines
- Data conversion from most commercial data formats
- Scenario based study approach
- highly automated analysis features including automatic security limit search
- Easy-to-use distributed computing for scalable performance
- Advanced user-defined modeling capabilities
- Can be connected to energy management systems for on-line security analysis
The DSAToolsTM are available in a number of licensing options including:
- Single-user or multiple-user licenses
- Educational licenses
- Off-line or on-line licenses
Contact Powertech through our inquiry form for more information on licensing and software prices.
The first year of User Support and Maintenance (US&M) are included in the license fees. US&M for subsequent years is available for an annual fee. US&M includes program assistance from our experts as well as program updates and annual new versions.
The suggested minimum hardware and software requirements for the DSAToolsTM are as follows,
- PC running Windows 98/2000/XP, For Windows NT 4.0, version 4.0 with service pack 4 or higher is required; For Windows XP, the professional Edition is recommended.
- 1 GHz Pentium III or higher
- 128 MB RAM (256MB recommended)
- 300MB free space on hard disk
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader Version 4.0 or higher
- WinZip® version 8.0 or higher
- CDT requires MATLAB® 6.1 Release 12.1 or higher
These are only suggested requirements for the software. The program should run on systems with lower specifications, however, performance may be compromised. For the best display results, make sure that your monitor’s display resolution is set at 1024X768 or higher and system font size is set at small size. The Adobe Acrobat® Reader is necessary to view and print the documentation. WinZip® is necessary to use the archive facilities.