- PowerFlow & Short Circuit Assessment Tool
- Scheduled DSATools Software Training
- Voltage Security Assessment Tool
- Transient Security Assessment Tool
- Small Signal Analysis Tool
- On-Line Application of DSATools
The DSAToolsTM suite is the next-generation of power system analysis tools and provides the complete assessment of system security including all forms of stability.
The DSAToolsTM provide a complete toolset for power system planning and operational studies. In additon to rich modeling capabilities and leading-edge computational methods, the software is highly automated and can provide engineers with significant productivity improvements.
PSAT - PowerFlow & Short Circuit Assessment Tool
PSATTM is a full-featured graphical PowerFlow and Short Ciruit testing and analysis program that includes table-driven data manipulation and a flexible one-line diagram capability. It can be used for stand-alone PowerFlow analysis or for data exchange with the other DSAToolsTM products.
- Creating and modifying powerflow models
- Contingency assessment including overload and voltage studies
- Producing diagrams for output reports
- Setting up initial conditions for other DSATools applications
Introduction to the DSAToolsTM
For detailed information regarding DSA Tools training including course registration please click on the following link:
VSAT - Voltage Security Assessment Tool
VSATTM is a highly automated steady-state analysis tool designed for comprehensive voltage security assessment. VSAT includes flexible specification of voltage security criteria and is designed to handle a large number of contingencies, power transfers, and scenario
- Reactive power planning studies
- Operational planning studies (security limit assessment)
- On-line voltage security assessment
- Any analysis involving,
Assessment of thermal overloads
Determination of voltage security limits
Evaluation of required voltage stability margins
Transfer limits (ATC & TTC)
TSAT - Transient Security Assessment Tool
TSATTM is a leading-edge full time-domain simulation tool designed for comprehensive assessment of dynamic behavior of complex power systems. TSAT includes a rich model library, state-of-the-art solvers, and a highly intuitive user interface. Like VSAT and SSAT, TSAT can automatically find security limits under specified contingencies and transfer conditions.
- Studies involving rotor angle, voltage, or frequency stability
- Transmission system design and operating studies including stability limit assessments
- IPP integration studies
- Design and setpoint determination of special protection systems
- Control tuning and protection coordination
SSAT - Small Signal Analysis Tool
SSATTM is an eigenvalue-based software tool designed for analysis of small signal stability of large complex power systems. It includes a wide number of analysis functions and productivity tools, making it ideal for investigating oscillatory behavior, and for designing and tuning controls to improve system damping.
- Studies of low-frequency inter-area oscillations
- Analysis of local or inter-machine modes of oscillations
- Design and tuning of controls
- Investigation of the sensitivity of system parameters on modes of oscillations
- Contingencies screening to meet damping requirement
- Determination of power transfer limit to meet damping requirement
On-Line Application of DSAToolsTM
Security Assessment in Near-Real-Time
The DSAToolsTM are designed to provide on-line security assessment when used in the real-time sequence of the control center's energy management system (EMS). The software works with a solved powerflow provided by the state-estimator and communicates with the EMS via flat files or TCP/IP network connection. Powertech's DSAManagerTM controls all computations which are conducted on a dedicated cluster of computers and, if necessary, distributed processing is used to meet performance requirements. Results may be passed back to the EMS console or are accessible locally or remotely.