Smart Utility - Power System Analysis
Powertech offers a full range of power system analysis services including field measurements, laboratory assessments, and complex simulation work.
Field measurement expertise ranges from power quality issues, such as harmonic measurements, to the field generator testing and the development of fully validated computer simulation models. Generator testing of this type has been mandated in a number of regions to provide compliancy with reliability standards. Powertech also has extensive lab facilities and is capable of testing a wide range of electrical equipment.
Powertech pioneered many of the advanced analytical tools and techniques for power system analysis in use today and has extensive international consulting experience in all aspects of power system design and operation. In addition, Powertech offers a number of training services related to this industry.
Consulting & Optimization Services
In today’s competitive energy environment, it is essential to optimize power system performance while at the same time ensuring an acceptable degree of security and reliability.
Powertech has extensive experience in assessing power system performance, computing system limits, determining the cause of failures, and designing remedial measures. Using advanced methods, Powertech can help get the most out of a power system through the development of system operation strategies, facility expansions, and control tuning. In particular, we are world leaders in the field of stability and control analysis.
Comprehensive Study Capability
Powertech provides a wide range of study and consulting services including,
- Comprehensive stability assessment
- Transient stability
- Small-signal stability
- Voltage stability
- Evaluation of transfer capability and security limits
- Post-mortem analysis of system disturbances
- Frequency control assessment
- Islanding studies
- Under-frequency load shedding scheme design
- AGC and governor performance
- Development and assessment of system design alternatives
- IPP integration impact studies
- System control analysis
- Control design and tuning
- Load-shedding and generation tripping schemes
- Reactive compensation planning
- SSR Studies
- HVDC and FACTS analysis
- Load characteristic measurement and model development
- Generator parameter measurement and model development
- Power system simulation model development
- Model verification
- Custom modeling
- Dynamic reduction
- Electromagnetic transients studies