Testing services can be conducted in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, ISO, NACE, IEC, CEA, MIL, CSA, and other recognized standards organizations. For customized testing needs, Powertech also has experience designing specialized non-standard tests or setups. The materials lab has ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation.
Access is available to in-house mechanical, applied chemistry, and non-destructive evaluation (NDE) labs for testing that requires cross-disciplinary analysis.
Powertech provides a comprehensive range of materials testing and analysis capabilities for industrial and commercial applications.
Customers can utilize advanced technical testing including:
• Variable-pressure scanning electron microscope (SEM) for high magnification imaging of metallic and non-metallic parts up to 100,000x
• Energy dispersive x-ray spectrometer (EDS) for elemental analysis
• Metallographic sectioning, preparation, and examination equipment (lab and in-situ)
• Hardness and microhardness testers for Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers, Leeb, and other scales
• Accelerated aging equipment, including salt spray corrosion chamber and UV condensation weathering chamber
• Various coatings inspection equipment for detecting thickness, pinholes, delamination, and adhesion
• Specialized chamber for assessing material properties in up to 70 MPa (10,000 psi) hydrogen gas
Powertech’s NACE-certified coatings inspectors also offer rope access services having IRATA training and certification. Our materials engineers have broad experience with metals, polymers, ceramics, and composites to aid in testing and analysis for industry, government, insurance, litigation, and research purposes. The team can provide expert consultation services to ensure customers receive the most comprehensive and reliable results to support their business decisions.