On-line Oil Treatment
Restoring oil quality without equipment outages.
Powertech offers on-line oil treatment technologies that restore oil quality without requiring equipment outages. These systems are attached directly to in-service equipment and operate by flowing the oil in a by-pass mode. The technologies are modular, and depending on the need, different cartridges can be installed on one unit for decontamination of specific contaminants.
• On-line Oil Dehydration Unit— removes moisture and particulate matter from transformer oil.
• Online Bucket Truck Hydraulic Dehydration Unit—restores the dielectric properties of the hydraulic oil in bucket trucks by removing moisture and particulate matter.
• Online Load Tap Changer Oil Purification Unit—removes not only particulate matter and moisture from LTCs but also precursors to contact coking, and refurbishes in-service aged oil to the quality of new oil.
• Online Decontamination of Transformer Oil—uses extraction cartridges with proprietary absorbent technology to selectively remove contaminants and PCBs from the oil of in-service oil-filled equipment. The technology offers utilities the opportunity to significantly reduce the costs associated with contaminant removal and disposal.
• On-line Oil Purification Unit— removes all oil and paper decomposition products (acids, polar components, furans, moisture, particulate matter, and corrosive sulphur) from transformer oil, cost-effectively restoring in-service oil quality to near new.